Sunday, October 29, 2006

Episode Recap: Amazing Race 10, Week 7



Episode: I Wonder If This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle
Original Air Date: October 29, 2006

"Booketing" - our word of the day. Kentucky Couple David and Mary, due to either dumb luck or maneuvering by the producers, are in first place at the beginning of this leg of the race. Their first assignment is to fly to the Mauritius, an island nation off the coast of Africa that apparently none of the teams can pronounce correctly. Once at the airport, David says authoritatively, "We need to find Booketing."

Not wanting to pass up an opportunity to ridicule these two, yet at the same time not wanting to look stupid myself, I looked up the word "booketing" on Dictionary.com. There were no results. Then I Googled it. Besides asking me helpfully, "Did you mean booking?", Google displayed only three results - two in Romanian and one in Russian. Then I remembered my trusty copy of Merriem-Webster Hillbilly to English Pocket Dictionary. It had this entry:

"book‧et‧ing [bk' et ing] - n. that there place in one of them there airports what you buy your tickets at"

Now you know.

David and Mary booket a flight...Read the rest of this recap

Comments on "Episode Recap: Amazing Race 10, Week 7"

 

post a comment